Friday 6 May 2011

Ina Jang

Without Words































Artist Statement

" I make images that are minimal and two-dimensional by layering people, places and things to precisely execute ideas, but with the intention of discarding information.

As I want the ideas to be tangible, the process becomes rigorously physical and related to my personal experience in terms of making photographs; it often contains cutting, gluing and pasting mundane objects from real life, such as paper and cotton balls. The photographs are often figurative and unidentified, casting a suspicion upon the photograph’s agenda. I allow the viewers to question whether they are truly subjects or merely objects. I strive to depict an image that remains pristine and foreign to the viewers.

My works explore concepts of photography and its physicality, while their contents rely hugely on a playful mind, inspired by the time I spent with my sister when we were isolated from family and friends. During this time, I developed a way of escaping from the desolation and existential ennui."

www.inaphotography.com
 












No comments:

Post a Comment